Do you want to get your night classes paid for? Find out how!

You’ve taken the step to continue your adult education and go back to college or university to earn an advanced degree.  You’re registering for night classes because you hold down a full-time day job.  While registering for classes you realize that you could go a lot further in your educational pursuits, take more courses and graduate early, freeing yourself up to enjoy your family more, if you had the money to do so.  Fortunately, help is available.

Not only does the accredited college or university you attend offer scholarships and grants that you can apply for, financial aid is also available through federal, state and local government agencies.  Scholarships, grants, fellowships and work/study programs are also offered by local privately owned companies.  Good places to start looking for scholarships that you qualify for are:

  • United States Department of Education Student Aid Department (you might have to complete and submit a Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) application to get some forms of government financial aid)
  • Private foundations (e.g. Bill Gates Foundation, Jackie Robinson Foundation)
  • Professional associations and organizations (e.g. American Marketing Association, National Society of Accountants)
  • State departments of education (these are generally available to students who attend accredited colleges and universities in the states offering the financial aid)

Getting Money to Pay for Night Classes from Professional Organizations

If you’re a member of a professional association (e.g. Society for Human Resources Management) check with the association to see if they offer scholarships to their members.  You can also join professional associations to qualify to receive forms of financial aid that they offer.  You might have to maintain a certain grade point average (GPA) to receive the funding, but since you want to perform well at college or university, this only serves as motivation.

Read through the details and requirements associated with the scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid.  This will save you the time of applying for the financial aid only to discover later that you don’t qualify because you’re not a member of a certain professional association or because the scholarships you applied for are only available to students who attend certain accredited colleges and universities or to students who live in certain regions or states.

Employers Pay Tuition for Adult Continuing Education Students

Generally it doesn’t matter whether you attend school during the day or night when it comes to qualifying for financial aid.  However, some scholarships and grants are only available to you if you attend school full-time.  Others are open to you whether you go to college half-time or full-time.

Also check with your employer to see if they have a tuition assistance program that you can take advantage of.  Many large firms will reimburse your tuition after you earn at least a 2.0 GPA in courses that align with the type of work you perform on the job.  For example, if you work as an accountant and you take a money management course at an accredited college or university your employer might reimburse you for tuition after you pass the course.

We're sorry, we currently do not have any Online schools. We are working diligently to add more schools to our database. In the meantime, please click here to see if there are any Campus Schools in your area.

Find Campus Schools

Related Articles

Top Searched Schools

University of Phoenix DeVry University Florida Tech University Online

Quick School Search